Sunday, November 23, 2008

Getting Back to the Gym: A Procrastinator's Story


So I haven't worked out in a gym for a month. I was going everyday religiously but with the wedding planning, I got lazy. Everyone in our office received FREE passes to the gym IN OUR BUILDING a few months ago. Let me say that again, the gym is in the building in which I work. I do not have to go out in the cold to get there. I do not have to drive there. I simply hit a button on the elevator and I'm there.

Last week, I made a commitment to myself every evening, "I will workout tomorrow." And everyday I welched on said commitment, "I have to go get something for lunch. I won't have time," or "my gym bag still has wedding stuff in it and I don't have time to clean it out. Guess I'll get to the gym tomorrow." Well, everyone. THE BUCK STOPS HERE! Not that I was passing the buck. I was simply putting the buck off for a while. I will work out at least four days this week. This is a promise I am making to myself.

Man, being fat is the worst.

Candice K.
252 lbs. (weigh-in Wednesday)
Today, I will not eat until I'm so stuffed I can't move.

No comments: