Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Plateau Buster: Boot Camp

In the never-ending battle to get fit, we find ourselves spending more time and money figuring out ways to do it. I am no exception. While I have a free membership to a gym, I feel it's only right to consider that a credit I can spend on other types of health-related expenses.

After a favorable review of a program from the friend of a co-worker, several of us decided to embark upon the most frightening of all workout regimes: the boot camp. Yes, yes, I know what you're thinking. Am I crazy? Suicidal, perhaps? No, just fed up with the way things are currently going and I'm ready to take some responsibility for my current state, which is Ohio and it is technically number 17 on the State Rankings of Obese Adult Population (please see: http://calorielab.com/news/2008/07/02/fattest-states-2008/).


The camp will go from February 9 - March 7. We will be going Monday-Thursday at 6pm and Saturday at 9am for a grand total of 20 glorious gut-busting, brain-throbbing, heart-popping hours. If you are in the Columbus area, please visit: http://www.columbusfitnessbootcamp.com/index.html for more details.


So the ladies and I are pretty stoked to be doing this. We are compiling our required gear such as a mat, 5, 8, and/or 10 lb weights, RUNNING (not walking or cross-training) shoes, water bottle, etc., etc., etc. We will be hitting up Play It Again Sports in the coming weeks. We are also planning pre- and post-celebrations to give us something to look forward to. Nothing too crazy. We don't want to demolish the progress. I feel if we can enter this thing and make it all the way through, we will be ready to take on anything.

I'll keep you posted on the experience.

Candice K.
253 lbs.

No comments: